The Mineral Development Taskforce (Taskforce), led by the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade, will play a leading role in identifying, assessing and recommending policy, strategy and regulatory options to accelerate significant private investment in mineral projects to facilitate responsible development and growth of the mining sector.
The Taskforce includes10 members (including the Chair) and comprises government, industry and private sector experts:
- Mr Shaun Drabsch, Chief Executive Officer of the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade (Chair);
- Ms Tania Constable PSM, Chief Executive Officer of the Minerals Council of Australia;
- Mr Tom Seymour, Chief Executive Officer of PricewaterhouseCoopers;
- Mr Joe Martin-Jard, Chief Executive Officer, Northern Land Council;
- Mr Bryan Quinn, Former BHP President;
- Ms Michelle Croker, Head of the Resources Division at the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources, Western Australia;
- Dr Phil Gorey, Deputy Director General, Resource and Environmental Regulation, Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety;
- Dr Sharna Glover, Co-Founder and CEO of Imvelo.ai;
- Mr John Braham, Independent Director, Castile Resources Ltd; and
- Mr David Carland, Company Director and Co-founder of BurnVoir Partners.
For further information on the Taskforce, visit Industry.nt.gov.au.
For further information on the minerals sector in the Northern Territory, visit Resourcing the Territory’s Minerals pages.