Tin Camp Creek Project
Alligator Energy is publicly-listed Australian uranium exploration company with a key position in an underexplored world-class uranium province in Australia’s Northern Territory.
A$3.96 million at 8 October 2018
Number of shares:
737,882,452 at 8 October 2018
Mr John Main
T: +61 7 3852 4712
To find out more about Investment Attraction in the Northern Territory contact the:
Minerals and Upstream Energy Investment
Australia’s Northern Territory Government
Department of Trade, Business and Innovation
T: +61 8 8999 1385
Alligator Energy’s flagship Tin Camp Creek project is located in the Alligator Rivers region, one of the world’s few large scale, high grade uranium provinces. The province has already produced and exported more than of 300Mlb U3O8 since 1980.
Located 275km west of Darwin and 40km east of the Ranger uranium mine, the Tin Camp Creek project is 98% owned by a subsidiary of Alligator Energy, with the remaining 2% held by Aboriginal traditional owners. In April 2012 the company announced a JORC Inferred Resource of 943,905 t at 0.31% U3O8 containing 2,934 t U3O8 at the project’s Caramal deposit.
The project currently includes 282km2 of granted exploration licenses. The company has further exploration licence applications covering more than 2000km2 in the same region, and has entered into a joint venture with global uranium company Cameco to farm into Cameco’s Beatrice project, located immediately south of Tim Camp Creek.
Australia’s Northern Territory has a long and continuous history of uranium mining. The Northern Territory contains a variety of small to very large uranium deposits that have produced over 0.95Mt of U3O8 in the last 30 years. Current resources for the Northern Territory are estimated at 0.3 Mt of U3O8. The Port of Darwin is one of only two Australian ports licensed to export uranium.
Tin Camp Creek is located in the Alligator Rivers Uranium Field, an unconformity-related uranium field in which deposits vary in size from a few tonnes to more than 100,000 t contained U3O8, with grades generally in the range 0.2–2% U3O8. These deposits are typically hosted at tectonised lithological contacts within the Palaeoproterozoic basement of the Cahill Formation, with the largest deposits occurring proximal to tectonised contacts with Neoarchean basement, close to the unconformity with the overlying Kombolgie Subgroup (basal MacArthur Basin).
Large deposits in this field account for 96% of past production and 95% of known resources in the Northern Territory. Since acquiring the project in 2010, Alligator has undertaken in excess of 20,000 metres of reverse circulation and diamond core drilling, defining a high grade uranium resource and discovering new zones of mineralisation. Work to date has identified the presence of high grade uranium mineralisation at a number of prospect areas with further targets yet to be tested.
The project is located 20km south of the historic Nabarlek uranium mine and 40km east of the operating Ranger uranium mine. The area is serviced by the nearby town of Jabiru. The sealed Arnhem Highway could enable transport of product to the Port of Darwin, one of only two Australian ports licensed to export uranium.
Alligator Energy is seeking minority equity investment and future offtake agreements.
The Caramal deposit has an inferred resource reported on 19 April 2012 at a low cutoff of 0.1% U3O8.
|Tonnage||Grade U O||Contained U O||Low cutoff||Top cutoff|
|3100 ppm||2950 t||1,000 ppm||14,000 ppm|
This document includes information provided by third parties. The information is general in nature and is for information purposes only. The Northern Territory Government makes no representation about the veracity or accuracy of information provided by third parties. You must rely on your own due diligence before proceeding. You should consider seeking independent professional advice.
© Northern Territory Government, September 2017